Barry Rashkover, A Sidley Husband or wife evaluates Kik’s authorized arguments to irrespective of whether or not Kin qualifies as a safety.
New Territories is hosted by Joyce Lai and attributes conversations with market thought leaders exploring the intersection of law, policy, blockchain certification engineering and far more.
Hear on Apple Podcasts, Google Perform, or Spotify right now!
As the industry keeps its eyes on the enhancement of the Kik litigation, Joyce Lai speaks with Barry Rashkover for his standpoint. Barry at present co-potential customers Sidley’s worldwide enforcement and regulatory follow. Prior to Sidley, Barry served as Co-Head of Enforcement and Affiliate Regional Director for the SEC’s Northeast Regional Business office. Obtaining worked on both sides of SEC enforcement steps, Barry walks us through the vital problems in the Kik litigation and what we should really all spend consideration to likely ahead.
In this episode, Joyce and Barry explore:
- The typical inside system that the SEC goes by way of when bringing enforcement actions.
- Barry’s just take on the litigation system from both equally the SEC’s and Kik’s standpoint.
- The strengths and shortcomings of Kik’s legal arguments that Kin is not a protection.
- Why the characterization of Kin’s “ecosystem” is of wonderful relevance for the discovery period.
- Kik’s case is unusual since it is not about misrepresentation.
- In gentle of the strange character of the assert, Barry’s ideas on optimizing the jury assortment course of action.
- What troubles he thinks the market should focus on if a single needs to post an amicus quick.
- The significance of this scenario on the future of blockchain certification innovation.
- What is an “action memo?”
- How this motion by SEC’s enforcement division could drive the activities of other divisions in the SEC.
Barry W. Rashkover is a Partner at Sidley and is a Co-Lead of Sidley’s International Securities Enforcement and Regulatory exercise. Prior to Sidley, Barry served as Co-Head of Enforcement and Affiliate Regional Director for the SEC’s Northeast Regional Office environment. Barry has served as a previous SEC Senior Trial Counsel.
Joyce Lai works at the intersection of legislation and know-how at ConsenSys together with the blockchain certification industry’s brightest developers and other professionals who get terrific delight in building a decentralized upcoming. By way of the Brooklyn Venture, a ConsenSys “open-source” community coverage initiative, she can help the environment attain a further appreciation of how the software of forward-imagining policy to blockchain certification technologies can bring a constructive effects. Prior to ConsenSys, she used a number of several years in non-public follow advising investment advisers at Seward & Kissel LLP in New York. Joyce gained dual undergraduate degrees in biology and economics from UC Davis and her J.D. from Fordham College University of Law. Joyce speaks regularly on subjects involving blockchain certification technological know-how, regulations, community coverage, and other authorized concerns.
Pay attention and subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Google Engage in, or Spotify today!