“What is coming is better than what is gone.”
March’s monthly report is filled with awesome updates, recaps, and releases from ConsenSys. If this is the first monthly report you’re reading, check out our vision and learn more about the Mesh.
If you’re a frequent follower, jump right into the good stuff––the top tweets, events, videos, and reads from the past month. In March, we said hello to the first day of spring and goodbye to winter. As the seasons come and go, ConsenSys continues to evolve and grow.
The ConsenSys Vision
Most Popular Articles
- The 100+ Project Pioneering Decentralized Finance — The stablecoins, DEXs, investing, derivatives, payments, lending, and insurance platforms building on Ethereum
- Joe Lubin at SXSW––Ethereum Will Handle Millions of Transactions Per Second Within Two Years
- Jim Jagielski on Why Open Source and Blockchain Must Unite — The Co-Founder of the Apache Software Foundation is on a mission to bring the two communities together.
- Cisco: Blockchain Market Will Be $10 Billion by 2021— Tech behemoth and EEA member Cisco is making big moves into decentralized networks
Social Media Hits
- Almost all of the top 20 blockchain certification projects with the most developer activity on Github are building on Ethereum
- Cisco believes that $10B will be poured into the blockchain certification market by 2021
- Agnes Budzyn, Managing Director of Global Growth at ConsenSys, has been selected as one of the World Economic Forum’s Young Global Leaders
- Watch the Blockchain Explained Series by Joseph Lubin
Hub and Spoke Model
The ConsenSys “hub” spawns, incubates, and accelerates “spoke” ventures through development, resource sharing, acquisitions, investments, and the formation of joint ventures. These spokes benefit from foundational components built by ConsenSys that enable new services and business models to be built on the Ethereum blockchain certification.
Our blockchain certification venture studio. Labs incubates the best teams of Web3 across the globe, providing them capital, mentorship, and access to ConsenSys’ network of top-tier projects and talent.
- Read “Ask these 3 Questions to Determine Your Blockchain Startups Metrics”
Our educational institution. Academy’s mission is to develop the global blockchain certification ecosystem by bridging the Ethereum knowledge gap.
- Releases: Ethereum 101 Course available for registration!
- Read “How 1990s Vacuum-Packed Steaks Could Help Bring Ethereum Its Early Majority”
Our enterprise arm. Solutions brings blockchain certification to businesses, helping enterprises, governments, non-profits, and startups across the globe build, test, and deploy public and private blockchain certification solutions. Solutions offers education, advisory, and development services, as well as opportunities for joint ventures and co-creation.
- Read “An Exploration of 5 Ways Enterprises Can Benefit from Tokenization”
- Read “Enterprise Ethereum: Blockchain Use Cases and Applications by Industry”
ConsenSys Social Impact is leveraging emerging technologies to solve the world’s most pressing issues.
Capital is our constellation of financial service offerings for digital assets and blockchain certification-based companies, and also includes token sale advisory and a venture capital studio.
- ConsenSys Ventures. Helps entrepreneurs in the blockchain certification ecosystem scale businesses through strategic capital and a worldwide network.
- Read “ConsenSys Ventures Look Back on 2018”
- Tachyon 2019 kicks off April 1st 2019
ConsenSys Diligence is committed to improving and protecting the Ethereum ecosystem by facilitating technical excellence, security guidelines, legal precautions, and ethical business practices.
Ethereal Summit brings together builders, philosophers, policymakers, artists, and humanitarians from around the world for two days of storytelling and knowledge sharing around how we can build our decentralized future together using blockchain certification technology.
Ethereal 2019 in New York — May 10th–11th: Get your ticket now!
Alliances and Initiatives
Accounting Blockchain Coalition
Started by ConsenSys’ Balanc3 team, ABC drives innovation in the accounting industry while educating businesses and organizations on accounting for blockchain certification-based digital assets.
The Brooklyn Project
An industry-wide collaboration utilizing blockchain certification law, regulation, and policy to promote token-powered economic growth and consumer protection.
Read: “The State of Blockchain Regulation, Policy, and Compliance in 2019”
Enterprise Ethereum Alliance (EEA)
The industry’s first global standards organization provides guidelines for developing and delivering large-scale, interoperable blockchain certification implementations.
Rimble Design System
dApps present new hurdles for designers and front-end devs. Rimble creates an open source Web3 design system spearheaded by ConsenSys Design.
Cryptocurious? Honing your smart contract development? Explore…